Services Provided by KVK
- To promptly demonstrate the latest agricultural technologies to the farmers as well as extension workers of State Department of Agriculture / Horticulture / Fisheries / Animal Science / Non Government Organizations with a view to reduce the time lag between the technology generation and its adoption.
- To test and verify the technologies in the socio-economic conditions of the farmers with a view to study the production constraints and to modify the technologies to make them appropriate.
- To impart training to the practising farmers / farm women, rural youth and field level extension functionaries by following the method of “teaching by doing” and “learning by doing”.
- To back up with training and communication support to the district level development departments, viz., Agriculture / Horticulture / Fisheries / Animal Science and Non Government Organizations in their extension programmes.
- To analyse the samples of soil & water and provide soil health cards to the farming community.
- To diagnose the Plant specimens and find out the infestations of insect-pest or diseases and recommend the management practices accordingly.
- Telephone Help Line (Sawal Aapke Jawab Hamare)
- Scientists visit to the farmers’ fields
- Farmers visit to KVK
- Organizing Kisan Melas, Field days etc.
- Exhibitions & film shows
- Soil & Water testing
- Artificial Insemination
- Cattle Relief Camps
- Vegetable seedlings and fruit plants on cheap rate
- Good quality seed by producing at KVK Farm